Tuesday, May 1, 2018

MM288 No Stamping Trio


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  And happy May Day!  Yikes, where did April go?  The Merry Monday challenge this week is to make a Christmas card with NO stamping!  


Just one?  I have enough Christmas paper to make hundreds!!  Well, how about three? I have a 12x12 pad of Simple Stories' Handmade Holiday paper and it has tons of fun little country images just itching to be made into cards!  I still love country stuff, how about you?


The size of these cards is 3 1/2" x 4 1/2"...they will still fit into a notecard-sized envelope.  I trimmed each panel from its page and added some embellishments; on this one, I added a diecut sentiment from Concord and 9th, and a little star I punched from SU's Corrugated Elements:



This one features a few diecut buttons; the "joy" is printed right on the paper...sweet!


And on this one, I added a "ho ho ho" diecut from Peachy and Cheap, cut from some SU Color Theory DSP:



All the designs were just printed paper...so easy and quick!  What a great challenge!  Thanks for popping by to see my creations!

On Sunday, Dana, Cassidy and Wayne were visited by Dana's half-brother Kevin and his bride Kristy!  We usually only see them at Christmas; I didn't get to see them, but I was glad Dana's family did!  By the looks of it, I think they must have ridden up from Maryland on their motorcycle!!  And as you can tell, it was still cloudy and chilly...MAYBE today we'll have a warmup!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps None
Card stock & Papers     Adhesive Sheets, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Always Artichoke, Color Theory DSP,  Kraft, Handmade Holiday DSP (Simple Stories)
 Ink Crumb Cake (for shading)
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Corrugated  Element, Button Die (ret), Ho Ho Ho die (Peachy and Cheap), Country Star Punch (ret), Sponge Dauber

9 comments:

Vickie said...

WOW! LeAnne...you made good use of all those papers...stunning...and yes, I still love country...as long as, it is not too country...I had country (decor) before country was country....not now...I still like probably more Prmitive....Cassidy looks very happy to be with her half brother and his bride. I love your relationship with Cassidy.. I think she is much like your own child...with living with you...you are doing amazing things with her....making her an independent and strong gal....

Unknown said...

Bring on the May flowers. I am ready for my Roses to bloom.

I Card Everyone said...

I adore that SS paper collection, LeAnne... you've used them beautifully - and I LOve the little corrugated accents!
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

These are great Christmas cards! I bet it was fun it use up some of those cute products and not have to stamp!! You are going to be so far ahead come December and good for you!!

Lisa Elton said...

These have just the perfect country/folk art look to them! The polka dot 'JOY' won me over!

Linda Callahan said...

I love these Christmas cards! I really need to bust into my stash and try doing this!

Karen L K said...

Aww such cute Merry Monday cards! I like all the red and green and that text paper.

Colleen said...

Oh My gosh, you made awesome cards with your pattern paper and by adding die cuts and other elements you really trimmed the cards out nicely! thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

These are just fantastic LeAnne!! Gorgeous creations! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.