Thursday, April 13, 2017

Yippee Birthday


Hi everyone!  The week is winding down....still lots to do, but I took some time out to make a birthday card for my great-nephew, who will be turning two this weekend!  It uses the Freshly Made Sketches sketch; the House of Cards April color palette; and the Retrorubber Challenge to use baby animals!
RRCB 60


I used some Lawn Fawn plaid paper with the little puppy image from SU's Storybook Friends, which is from 2012:

 

I cut the DSP, as well as a Tip Top Taupe border, with a scalloped stitch border die from Pretty Pink Posh, and stamped the puppy in Chocolate Chip ink and did some watercoloring.  I took a chance that it wouldn't bleed, but unfortunately, it did a little bit; I should have used a blender pen instead:


(I doubt my nephew will care that it bled a little!)  I added a sentiment from the same set, cut it out with a stitched die and added some stitched stars embellished with some candy dots:


And Cassidy wanted to make her own card for him....she used the set I Dig You and chose her own colors and DSP:


I did do the cutting, but she laid it out and put it together!!!


Hope you have a wonderful day and be blessed!

Project Details--All Products SU Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Storybook Friends
Card stock & Papers     Thick Whisper White, Tip Top Taupe, Soft Sky, Perfectly Plaid Winter DSP (Lawn Fawn)
 Ink Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
Accessories Candy Dots
Tools     Big Shot, Square Stitched Dies (Lil' Inker), Scallop Borders Die (Pretty Pink Posh), Bundle of Stitched Shapes Die (Simon Says Stamp), Aquapainter, Dimensional

20 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two beautiful cards from you lovely ladies today - I think your puppy is adorable and the slight bleeding of colour adds to his charm LeAnne. Have a great day!

Jen Brum said...

What lovely cards! I love that border die and the sweet stars! That puppy is so cute! Cassidy made a fantastic card! She's taking after her creative Grandma! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kampin' Karen said...

Isn't it so exciting to have a "stamper" coming up in the ranks? Is Dana crafty too? The dog is so sweet and I think he could look like that with the watercolor bleed. Your GN will be very pleased.

Joan V said...

Oh, love the cards. What a wonderful card by your daughter. What a great mother-daughter activity.

Linda Callahan said...

Cuteness overload happening here with your card and Cassidy's!

creative lady said...

Beautiful cards! I love the first one with the little doggie running. I love the layout of both of them. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge blog.

Wendy said...

Love it, LeAnne! That little doggie is so sweet and I love all the stitched panels on this! Great choice of dsp, too! Also gotta say that Cassidy is moving up in the crafting world! Her card is awesome!! :)

Jan Clothier said...

The dog is so alive he could run off the page! I really like the colour combination too. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber with this sweetie.

Lisa Elton said...

These cards are both as cute as can be and perfect for a little boy! Love that sweet puppy. Cassidy did a great job designing her card! A chip off the told block she is!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh LeAnne, I adore this little puppy, looks like he is going somewhere really fast, perhaps a birthday party? Beautiful colors and layout, those dies are awesome.
Now, about Cassidy's card.....she has the design touch of grandma, no doubt, love this set "I Dig You" such fabulous truck images for any little boy.
Give her a hug and a high five for her awesome card.
Thank you for sharing yours with us at RETRO RUBBER, we always love to see your beautiful creations in the gallery.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Neva Cole said...

Lovely job on both cards! The puppy is very sweet, and the tiny bit of bleeding didn't change the overall beautiful card at all! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber this challenge!

JoAnn said...

Darling cards, both yours and Cassidy's. Love the colors and the cute puppy on your card. Cassidy did a great job with her card.

jengd said...

Adorable cards! Cassidy is becoming quite the card maker.

m-h said...

I love the puppy! A little smudge does him no harm, he just has more of a dreamy storybook quality. Adorable!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love both those cards! The little puppy image totally made me smile! I think I need to get myself a Cassidy to play along with me in my craft room! Tell her she's awesome! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Claire Grantham said...

Your card is gorgeous, I love the colour palette and the lovely details. The puppy image is so cute. I love Cassidy's card too - how clever is she! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Christine Traversa said...

Aww love the cards! I think that tiny amount of bleeding adds special artistry and character to the card. Thanks so much for doing the RR challenge!

Katy McGloin said...

LeAnne, you sure have made me sorry that I did not get Storybook Friends!! Love your puppy (even with the bleeding) and the layout with texture. Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber this week. We love seeing you in our gallery!!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi LeAnne! I am SO in love with this card! I love the colors but that dog! I went looking because I just knew I had these stamps! I couldn't find them! I hope it is because they are well hidden or that I gave them to my niece but I want them back! Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

Karen Petitt said...

Thank you for joining the House of Cards April Challenge. Thank you for entering and I hope we see you enter again this month Karen P (HOC DT)