Friday, February 10, 2017

FMS274 and MM234


Happy Friday, peeps!  What a strange week it has been....Wednesday, we had temps in the 60s and Thursday we had a snowstorm with cold whipping winds!!!  Crazy!  We had a snow day, so I didn't have much time to stamp but I did manage to get a Christmas card made using the FMS sketch and the CAS prompt from Merry Monday:


This little die from Lil'Inkers is one of my favorite, so I put it to use, making a "rusty" bell for my card:


Here's a closeup...I used Cajun Craze cardstock and sponged it liberally with Soft Suede ink, then added a little dusting of Martha Stewart glitter.  The greenery is from Pretty Pines and the sentiment is from Jingle All the Way:


Thanks for popping in for a visit today!

Wayne had a business trip to Brooklyn and brought home some amazing desserts on Wednesday night!  These were tiramisu, strawberry cheesecake and dulce le leche cakes:


Mocha, berry, birthday cake, peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes...and most of them had some sort of filling inside:


A gigantic cookie and peanut butter brownie....we haven't even touched these yet!


Cassidy snagged the birthday cake cupcake:



as the rest of the family indulged in their choices:



I had a little part of the tiramisu cake, but what I thought was marscapone was cake....boo!  So I didn't eat the rest!  (If I'm going to have tiramisu, it'd better be worth the calories, LOL!)  Enjoy your day!

Project Details-All Supplies SU Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Jingle All the Way (ret SU)
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Red Glimmer, Home for Christmas DSP (Kaisercraft)
 Ink Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede
Accessories Linen Thread, Brown Glitter (Martha Stewart), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Perfect Pines Die, Jingle Bell Die (Lil'Inker)

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Lovely card...your bow is so pretty. Those desserts...OMGee! Cassidy's looks like a poster child for SU inspiration!! I'm with you all the way on the tiramisu. Every time we go to a different Italian restaurant we try it to see if it can beat our Italian grocery store's version.

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the burlap paper, and that JINGLE BELL??? Darling!!!
I might have had to have a taste of each of these desserts ... even the tiramisu cake!
=]

Darlene Gabriel said...

We've had some brutally cold temps and wind chills here the past week or two, but we're so thankful that it's supposed to start warming up this weekend. Strange too though that it's going from the -20s (that Celcius)and actually -40s with the wind chill yesterday to -2 by tomorrow.
Those do look like some delicious desserts.
Great card combining these 2 challenges. I love the touches of sparkle and that burlap looking DSP.
Have a great weekend.

Wendy said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, LeAnne! I love that little Jingle Bell Die and the burlap paper! They are gorgeous together! The sentiment fit the bill perfectly on this but most of all I love how CAS this is! Great job on cranking out another Christmas card! OH MY, those desserts are to die for! Yumm Yumm! Looks like you all enjoyed them! TFS and stay warm today! Tomorrow they are calling for 50 degrees again! Not sure what the heck is going on this winter...crazy to say the least!

Colleen Begley said...

YUM! Super cute card too. Have a good weekend. I'm heading your way but I'll be up in New Jersey.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the texture and the big jingle bell on this one LeAnne, wonderful card! Those desserts look scrumptious. I think I would have stolen Dana's from her LOL!! Chocolate frosting, chocolate cupcake...win win!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! And I would love one of those cupcakes! But back to the card......the rusty bell is fabulous! And so is all that frosting.......wow I am getting so distracted by the sweetness......

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I love the burlap paper! It looks so real! Love the sparkle on the jingle bell! Those desserts look AMAZING! Oh wow! I imagine they were fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karen L K said...

Nice look with the bell, greenery and burlap!