Thursday, November 3, 2016

SPDMIU21 and HSS250


Hi peeps!  It's Thursday, and on the downhill slide to the weekend!  I saw a very pretty color combo at Hand Stamped Sentiments, so I combined it with the sketch only from Sugar Pea Designs:

21-2

I have barely touched Best Birds OR Dapper Denim since I got them, so I was determined to give them a workout!  So here we go:


I stamped the background circle with the floral image from Awesomely Artistic, then stamped my bird on heavyweight white cardstock in Dapper Denim and diecut it with the Birds and Blooms die.  I usually use a blender pen when coloring images that are not stamped with Stazon, but I used an aquapainter this time and was pleasantly surprised that there was very little bleeding of the ink; just a wee bit, but I love the effect:


I stamped the ferns from both Awesomely Artistic and Butterfly Basics on the card behind the circle in Emerald Envy and Mint Macaron, then added the sentiment banner, also from Butterfly Basics.  A couple of flowers and sequins finished it off.  And here's the inside:


Now, to get this in the mail to a special someone!

Halloween night our church had a Trunk or Treat, where we decorated the trunks of our cars and had families walk around the parking lot and go trick-or-treating.  It was the first time we'd ever done one, and it was a lot of fun!  One young man works for a farm where they host events; these straw critters were part of the decor for one event and were left behind, so he snagged them for his "trunk"!



Cassidy had already done her trick-or-treating over the weekend, so she had a "modified" zombie prom queen costume (it was COLD) and was over-the-top excited to be the one GIVING candy out! She made sure every trick-or-treater had plenty for their bags! She has such a generous heart!

Enjoy your day and thanks for popping in today!


14 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I never would have thought to put these colors together, great challenge! You did a wonderful job on the bird. Is the circle from the new stitched set? Love Cassidy's outfit and that straw critters are so cute. Have a blessed day.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous as always, LeAnne! Love the colors and all the stamp sets you used to create this! Your Trunk or Treat Night looked like fun and those straw animals were awesome....never seen anything like it! Cassidy's costume was adorable too! TFS and wishing you a great day! :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a wonderful card! Love the pretty blue bird and the great layout. I love cards like yours that have so much stamping. Such a great look! Thanks for sharing!! ~~~~Heidi

stampwithsandy said...

I LOVE this, LeAnne! The colors, the layout, the pretty florals and bird, everything!!!

I Card Everyone said...

I adore bluebirds, and this blue bird!!! What a great idea your church had for a safe, and fun environment for the kids!
=]

Jenny Engelke said...

Beautifully done, LeAnne! You encompassed both challenges effortlessly! The little birdie looks very dapper in blue! ;)
Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

barb mann said...

Love it LeAnne! I can;t get enough of this adorable bird. Great card with the Awesomely Artistic ingredients!

Lorraine said...

I love those colors together (just did a Christmas card in blue and green myself), and the layout is wonderful. Hope you don't mind but I'm definitely going to CASE this one. I love it when the young ones get as much or more excitement out of giving as receiving. Bless her!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely color combination and design LeAnne! Sweet little bluebird too. I love the idea of trunk or treat. That's the prettiest little zombie I've ever seen!

Margaret said...

Always love birds and this blue one is sweet as can be. But, interestingly, I was mentioning to twogirls yesterday that I would like some ideas combining emerald and denim! Would LOVE to see more with this combination.

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne your card is so beautiful, I love the bird. Trunk or Treat what a great idea! I can't believe what a big girl Cassidy has become. So grown up and so cute! I love her modified custume! Thank you for sharing with us at SugarPea Designs this month!

Stampin by Genny said...

Beautiful card! I love the different layers and shapes. Just fab! I love you shared the Trunk or Treat photos. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

brrenwick said...

LeAnne, this is beautiful! You did an amazing job using the colors from our challenge and created a masterpiece! Thank you for playing along at HSS!

inkedx2 said...

What a beautiful card! Your colors go together perfectly. So glad you played with us on this challenge.

Robbie