Saturday, November 12, 2016

Shakin Just for Fun


Happy Saturday, peeps!  Just a quick post today, we are off to a Veteran's breakfast, which is always a nice event!  No challenges today, this card is just for fun! I finally broke down and purchased some of SU's foam strips to use for shaker cards....I know, can you believe it?  Knowing my love/hate relationship with shakers?!!!  But the strips are easy to use and I made just a little shaker:


This Candy Cane Lane DSP is soooo cute, so glad I finally got a chance to play with it!  I used the Stitched Shapes circles to give my Jar of Love a background, cutting the opening by hand and adding some sequins from my stash for the shaker:



Sentiment is from Oh What Fun. Whee, I love this one!  So happy and cheerful!  And thanks to those who gave me some suggestions for my black ink with photopolymer stamps.  I will let you know the outcome!

Cassidy is "teaching" her doll how to play the ABC song on the piano!


Enjoy your day and be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love this......and I just ordered the strips as well hoping that will make me like to do shaker cards more!

lisa808 said...

Adorable card!!! Love the shaker jar with the fun, festive paper.

Wendy said...

What a fun card, LeAnne! I always love seeing shaker cards but only ever made maybe 2 in all my years stamping! I guess I have a love/hate relationship with them too! This is pretty with the Candy Cane Lane DSP and the Jar of Love stamp sets! TFS and have a wonderful Saturday! :)

Lisa Kind said...

Love your shaker card! So cute and so festive!

Lisa Elton said...

This is the sweetest shaker card! Love the little jar and that cute patterned paper!! Sweet photo of Cassidy ;)

jengd said...

I hope you guys had a great breakfast- thanks to John for his service! I love your card- cute little shaker! Cute one of Cassidy too.

I Card Everyone said...

I have a favorite little sweet that I can only get at Christmas - it must be a vintage candy, and I MAY be the only one that buys them ... a hard candy, shaped like little red raspberries, and they have a gooey-chewy center - okay that was probably the long way around telling you how much I LOve the paper you've used for the circle behind that darling little candy jar shaker! Darling card, LeAnne!
=]