Thursday, September 29, 2016

At This Time of Year


Happy wet, rainy, damp Thursday, everyone!  Yesterday whupped my butt....I haven't had a bad day like that in a long time!  No stamping time, either!  But today is a new day and while I was looking for a card to mail out, I came across this card that I made a few weeks ago but never posted, so I'll share it today:


I'd seen several cards where the Swirly Scribbles die was used to make a wreath or a pumpkin; this one started out as a pumpkin but I just couldn't make it work, so I paired it with a banner from the Time of Year hostess set and the little acorn and oak leaf, and that worked much better!  The diecuts were cut with Pumpkin Pie, Peekaboo Peach and Tangerine Tango cardstocks, and the banner was stamped in Old Olive.  I stamped the fall things in Chocolate Chip and Delightful Dijon and did some fussy-cutting and gluing!!!  The whole shebang was mounted on a white square and a Layering Squares diecut, also in Old Olive, then mounted on a card that used the Warmth & Cheer DSP sweater print:


The inside uses the other sentiment from the set:  Thinking of You.  It's such a warm and cozy creation, don't you think?  Out in the mail it goes!

I don't have any pix of Cassidy since I was away, but I have to share one of the highlights of my trip, even though it's not really particularly Scottish!  Outside Edinburgh Castle, a group of people had a stand representing some sort of wildlife rescue group (I was so enamored of what I saw, I didn't really pay attention to what it was, LOL!) and they had three owls that they had raised from owlets available for you to hold and stroke!  I WAS IN HEAVEN!  It was worth the four pounds to have this soft little owl sitting on my arm for a few minutes!  I can't even tell you what kind of owl it was, but you can see another striking one behind me, white and black.  It was amazing, especially for this crazy bird lady!  


And if it looks like I am wearing the same outfit in every picture, I practically was....it was so cold and windy (see my pink earmuffs?) I had to wear my big scarf around my neck to keep warm!  At least this day the sun was shining...at least for this moment!  Thanks for popping by!

7 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

LeAnne, This little pumpkin card is so cute! love the sweater background! Very cool. But the extrathis is soooooooooo cool! That owl is so big but looks so gentle. I know they can do damage if they want but I guess the part about raising from an owlet shows in their temperment. Very exciting!

*Vicki* said...

Your pumpkin card is so fun! I just love Fall! That background looks very cool too! :) WOW...I bet holding that owl was a treat!! Wonderful photo! TFS!

Doris said...

That was a kind of barn owl you were holding, and you both looked very relaxed! Looks like you had a wonderful trip, and I hope you post more photos. Your card is very autumny.

Carol L said...

I really like your autumn-themed card! It's so pretty! The picture of you and the owl is awesome - I can't imagine holding one of those! There's one locally who keeps me awake night after night with it's hooting LOL So glad you had the chance to go to Scotland! It sounds like such fun!

Lisa Elton said...

I knew this was a pumpkin right away LeAnne, you did a wonderful job!! That sweater paper was the perfect choice too. This is cozy, so perfect for the RAINY day we had today. How FUN that you had the opportunity to hold such a beautiful creature ~ WOW!!

jengd said...

Adorable card- the sweater paper is perfect! I'm way behind on blog reading and I just saw where you are. I actually have a friend from high school whose daughter goes to college in Edinburgh. Stumbling on a rescue group that had owls you could hold- so cool! Glad you're enjoying your trip!

Wendy said...

This card is so pretty, LeAnne! Love the patterned paper and the Swirly Bird pumpkins together! This card definitely screams Fall! What a great picture of you holding an owl! I bet that was quite the experience! We have an owl that lives in the trees in the backyard that hoots during the day & at night. It so cool to hear! Definitely a magnificent creature! TFS and have a great day! :)