Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Challenge #71-- 80th Birthday


Just a quick post this Tuesday, using The Challenge's sketch:


I haven't played along with any of Lesley's challenges for a while, I thought it was about time!  My uncle Kenny is turning 80 years old next week; he is the last sibling on my mom's side, so he's kind of special to us!  So I used Lesley's sketch for his card.  It's very similar to the Paper Players sketch from a couple weeks ago and I used Guy Greetings for it as well:


I used some retired DSP from SU and stamped the image in Basic Gray and the words in Island Indigo.  This set is so awesome because it has "UNCLE" in it!  Woohoo!


I added an ZigZag embossed panel of Smoky Slate and a wee bit of Baker's Twine, and then added some diecuts on the inside:


I cut apart my birthday sentiment to make it easier to stamp the words separately!  Thanks for visiting today!

Oh my, it has been an eventful last few days!  Yesterday morning, Cassidy pulled out her tooth, all by herself!  No tears, no whining....it was practically pushed out by the new tooth coming in!  Now the one next to it is a-wigglin'!  


Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

[I see my granddaughters aren't the only ones who want glasses! =] Just a darling masculine card, with just enough embellishment to make them feel special! LOve the embossing, LeAnne!
=]

*Vicki* said...

Really fabulous masculine card!! I have nothing BUT guys in my family, so this masculine greetings set would come in handy for me! :) Love that antique car...my dad used to have one he tinkered with!

Patti said...

Love this card!! The perfect guy card!! I just love the colors yu selected and that plaid paper!! I LOVE plaid paper! : )

Your granddaughter is as cute as a bugs ear!! : )

Patti

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne you have really been rocking the masculine cards lately! I've pinned every one!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, Happy birthday to your uncle Kenny!! He will love his card, I think it's perfect for his milestone birthday. On boy, I'll bet she was excited for the tooth fairy to come!!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Love this card! The colors are just perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, I love the vintage masculine theme. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.