Sunday, February 28, 2016

Paper Players 284


Happy Sunday, peeps!  I missed playing with my Players last week. so it's good to be back in the company of my stamping friends!  Claire is our hostess with a fabulous sketch this week:


Isn't it awesome?  So many fun ways to interpret this sketch!  Just wait until you see what the design team has done!  I was just gifted these beautiful papers from my sweet friend Teri, so I couldn't wait to put them to use....so happy and cheerful!


They are from Graphic 45's Mother Goose Collection, and I diecut some posies from Riding Hood Red and Marina Mist cardstock with Delightful Dijon centers.  The dies are from Simon Says and are called Radiant Sunflower.  I added a sentiment from the current Paper Pumpkin stamp set, and added a few sequins for fun:


And here's the inside, stamped with a few more florals from the Paper Pumpkin set along with a sentiment from Botanicals for You:


Can't wait to see what you all do with this sketch!  Share your creation with us over at the Paper Players!  Meanwhile, check out the DT's submissions:

Cassidy tried her hand at some artwork she found in her Highlights magazine!  She did really well...I only helped her with the hind feet and tail:




Not bad for a budding artist!  Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love that bright happy paper! Fun birthday card......and Cassidy did great!

Dawn Tidd said...

What fun this card is and so bright and cheery! I love those DSPs with the sunshines die cuts. Cassidy really did a great job on her drawing!!

Debbie Crowley said...

LeAnne, this card just "stands out". Love the bright DSP and your bold die cuts are perfect with it. A very "happy" card.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, you know I adore these bright, beautiful papers! Such a happy card! I love Riding Hood Red and I have some hoarded away, too! The fabulous sunflowers are so pretty! You certainly made my sketch shine, My Friend! XX

Claire Broadwater said...

Cassidy did an amazing job on her kitty! XX

Jeanie said...

That was my favorite magazine as a kid! I'd anxiously wait for it every month to arrive in our mailbox... such good memories. And so wonderful to see another child enjoying it so much -- I've loved watching Cassidy grow up via your blog, LeAnne. Thank you for sharing your life and lovely creations with us. You are an inspiration!

Lisa Elton said...

What a perfectly delightful card LeAnne, so cute!! It reminds me of Mary Engelbreit's artwork. Cassidy did a terrific job on her cat!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Welcome back LeAnne! I just love the bright colours and patterns of your card - truly a riot of flowers! Great job on the cat by Cassidy too!

laurie said...

So creative to use suns for the circles in the sketch! I love those gorgeous colors and papers,too.

Cassidy did an awesome job!!!

Hannelie said...

Your happy colors are just so pretty LeAnne! LOVE it!

stampwithsandy said...

What a happy, colorful, sunny creation! Those papers are just gorgeous, LeAnne. Welcome back and glad to see your posts again!

Nance Leedy said...

So good to have you back, LeAnne! Love these bright and happy papers and those radiant sunflowers are fabulous. You really rocked this sketch...and so did Cassidy!

Colleen Begley said...

Indeed this is a very happy card! I love those bright papers and somehow I missed those cute sunflower dies at SSS. Super cute!

Lorraine said...

I love those papers. Dare I say that they remind me of the colors of the 60's - kind of granny-mod and beautiful. And so cheerful. Love it.