Sunday, September 20, 2015

Paper Players 263

DSCF1924-001

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It’s time for another Paper Players challenge with this week’s clean and simple challenge hosted by Laurie!  She is the QUEEN of CAS, I must say!  Here’s your theme:

I have to admit, “scenes” are not my forte, especially CAS scenes!  There are several really cute scenery-themed stamp sets in the SU catalogs this year, so in anticipation of that, I chose a really, really old set for my card today!  Remember A Tree for All Seasons?”

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 263 Tree for All Seasons

My club girls were talking about this set last week and I remembered I still had it!  It was one of the first hostess sets I ever earned!  I stamped the fall scene on some Very Vanilla and colored it in with a sponge dauber and some markers, then die cut it out:

DSCF1925

I used a Project Life stamp set from last year called Holiday Cheer for the gratitude sentiment, along with the leaves that I stamped on the front and inside:

DSCF1927

The Thanksgiving sentiment is from last year’s Paper Pumpkin kit and the swirlies on the front are from an Impression Obsession autumn set called Autumn Squares (I think!).  I added some striped ribbon that is currently in the catalog and some random sequins from my stash.  It all is sitting atop an Early Espresso card base, which has rounded corners made with the PL corner rounder.  And the layout is from CAS(e) This Sketch 141, although they’ll probably kick me out, because it’s not really that CAS!!!:

It was really fun creating this little scene with an oldie but goodie stamp set!  I hope you’ll play along with the Players as well!  You can check out all the samples at each of the designers’ blogs, or on the PP blog:

Earlier last week at dusk so the bees wouldn’t bother us so much, we picked apples from our apple trees, which are loaded with apples .  Cassidy had her boots on and was helping Grampy:

DSCF1907

DSCF1908

DSCF1911

We’ll be picking more later!!!

DSCF1905

18 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

I love this! That is a fantastic stamp set...the tree image is awesome. And I love your stamping under the focal image too, perfect! :)

None None said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne! I'm so ready for fall right now and am excited that it is officially arriving this week. Today is the day I get all of my fall decor out and get my house ready. What do you do with all the apples you pick? I know I'd be making tons of pies, apple butter, apple sauce, apple betties if I had apple trees. :)

laurie said...

That was a great stamp set to use for this challenge! I love all the fun things you added to your card, too. The sequins, ribbon...so perfectly placed. What a sweet fall scene card!

Kristi said...

This card is just wonderful! I love that tree and the swirling leaves. Great job!

Linda Callahan said...

A Tree for All Seasons is the first stamp set I bought and I won't part with it! I love this! Beautiful fall card!

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card! I love the little focal panel and that bit of ribbon behind it is gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

That little tree is adorable!! Love your collage of elements LeAnne, very cute card! WOW look at all of those apples. This makes me want to bake an apple pie for the hubby, it's his fave!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Now what are you going to make with all those apples?:)
I love your Thanksgiving card - such a sweet scene and perfect for Fall.

LeAnne said...

Applesauce...and maybe some pie, apple crisp, I will probably be sick of seeing apples soon!

Nance Leedy said...

I love that you used an oldie but goodie, LeAnne! This one is also a classic and i love your coloring job, great use of the sketch and love the grungy background.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, what a perfect Fall scene! I love when an old stamp is just perfect! All your details are so fun! Love the ribbon, sequins and grungy background!
WOW--those apples look great! I think you are going to be busy! YUMMY!

Colleen Dietrich said...

ADORABLE card (and little Miss C!), LeAnne!

Hey, you know, I haven't been getting my email updates from your blog.
I thought you had stopped posting. But I'm here in blogger, and I saw your latest post at the top, so came over to see if you had a blogging lapse! Don't know what's going on. I always check Spam, every day, too. :-(

stampwithsandy said...

What a perfect CAS little beauty! What an adorable tree, and I loved that you dusted off a really old set. The flourishes and leave in the background are just gorgeous, too.

Yumm, your apples look delicious. I have a bunch from a friend, and later this week I'll be making applesauce with potatoe pancakes!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love your take on the sketch!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Love your little cute Autumn card, LeAnne! Wonderful details and beautiful colors!

Unknown said...

this is the most adorable little fall scene card Leanne! (I totally missed the fact that our card was supposed to be a 'scene'! :\

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I'm not good with creating scenes either, but you did a fabulous job. I love the frame around the tree, the ribbon behind it and the way the sentiment is in the top corner.
Hugs
Jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Scenes are not my forte either LeAnne, but I love this one and the way you used this layout - just fabulous! I love those swirling leaves behind the framed scene too.