Sunday, July 6, 2014

Paper Players 203

DSCF3994

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It’s time for another Paper Players challenge, and this time Nance is our fabulous hostess with a sweet summer theme:


Oh, how I love going to the beach…such fond childhood memories always come from our times at the Delaware shore!  But strangely, I don’t have a lot of SU beachy stamps, but I did find a set of seashells from a few years back, so I did some masking to come up with this:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 203 Seashells Stampin Up
DSCF3992

Now, you may say to yourself “Hmmmm….that’s an interesting way to make the front of a card”….but there is a wee story to it.  I had cut a piece of white cardstock to make a card, and left the other half on my swing-arm cutter.  Well, I had a little visitor in my craft room who just could not resist the temptation to pull that cutter arm down, with the cardstock still in it, sort of awry, and that’s how that angled cut came to be!  At first, I was just going to toss it in my bin of white scraps, but I thought it might be salvageable, so I went with it!  I mounted it on a piece of Lost Lagoon, and stamped the images in the Pals Paper Arts colors for this week:
PPA210 Basic Gray Lost Lagoon Pool Party

Actually, I cheated a bit and used Smoky Slate, as my Basic Gray looks almost black!  I added some cool word stamps from Impression Obsession and a little piece of Lost Lagoon ribbon.   I also added some speckles and the line image from Gorgeous Grunge for a nice beachy “spray”, along with some DD glitter!  Here’s the inside, just waiting for a final sentiment---might be birthday, thinking of you, who knows?!

DSCF3993

Hope you have fun with our beachy-themed challenge this week and create something to share with us.  Be sure to check out all the creations at the Paper Players, and remember, we have our new guest designers’ creations for you to enjoy too!  So stop by and give them some love!




My nephew had his annual July 4th picnic on Friday, and despite what seemed like hurricane-force winds from Arthur, we managed to have a good time.  Miss Cassidy stole the show with her fancy “star” hairdo, courtesy of her mommy,  and a cute firecracker outfit:

10380982_10152946968292646_4076546531518849326_n
10532860_10152946968237646_5153273585995748360_n

Enjoy your day!

27 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Lovely! A fun way to save it - I remember making similar tri-fold cards years ago, I assumed that is what you were up to, lol! Anyhow, I love the stamps and colours you've used. Always good to have a few in the stash that are "generic" for when things sneak up on us!
Happy Weekend!
Shanna
p.s. Cassidy does look darling in that little outfit and hairdo!

Michelle Gleeson said...

LeAnne, I love the fold on this card as well as the crisp seashore images. The colors are displayed so beautifully through these images. Thank you for the inspiration and participating in the Pals this week.

stampwithsandy said...

Great card, LeAnne! Love the fun way it folds, the bit of glitter, and what an amazing job of masking you did!

Deepti said...

This looks awesome, specially the fancy folds and the ribbon :)

Judi said...

Cute card! Wow, love her hair and darling 4th outfit. Happy July!

Linda said...

I bet she did still the show. How adorable!
I love your card. That is a neat fold. I will have to give that a try.
I got an email from my sister in law that my brother and he friend won the canoe race on the forth. I think it is on the Brandywine. It is 7 miles and they are 67. She told me she though they were the oldest two in the race. Do you go into the celebration in Downingtown?

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card LeAnne, thanks to your little visitor's designer cut! Your cluster of shells is wonderful. I've seen these star hairdos on Pinterest lately, your daughter did a GREAT job! Cassidy looked adorable ;)

laurie said...

Your little visitor sure helped with a great idea! I like the card front..very clever! Your masking turned out perfectly!

Patricia said...

too cute.

Lorraine said...

That accidental helper sure did trigger a pretty card. Love the shells and colors! And she looks absolutely adorable.

Andrea W said...

Great save! Without the story the end result looks intentional. I love how you mixed the Gorgeous Grunge with the seashells. Terrific beach themed card!

lisa808 said...

I would never have guessed your fun angle was a 'salvage' act.

Cassidy looks absolutely darling. Love her outfit and hair style!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Who would have thought that an accidental cut could result in such a cleverly designed card? I love it! Great masking of the seashells too. Hope you had a great 4th July - Cassidy is a real firecracker in her cute dress with her hair all done up! So excited to be guesting with you over at the Paper Players this term.

Dawn Tidd said...

Perhaps Cassidy can come up with some more clever cuts because this one is perfect! Love the shells in the Pals colors this week. It's an awesome way to showcase these colors. Thanks for joining us!

Claire Broadwater said...

Your card is fabulous, LeAnne! I love the front cut and especially how it came to be! The colors are so beautiful together and the stamped shells are beautiful!! Miss Cassidy certainly was a firecracker! The hair is amazing and she is so beautiful!

I am so thrilled to be a GD with you on PP!!! I get to meet you in about 10 days! YIPPEE!!! XX

None None said...

This is fabulous, LeAnne! I love the unique fold and Cassidy's contribution to the card. :)

And speaking of Miss Cassidy - she looks dynamite! Love the hairdo and her fabulous outfit!

Yapha Mason said...

Great card! I love the shape -- talk about a happy accident!

Mike said...

Love your color palette, LeAnne! Just beautiful!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Your creations always catch my eye, LeAnne. So very beautiful...just light, carefree, and beachy to the max! LOVE...Hope to see you in a week or so!

Sue C said...

Just like almost everyone else that commented on your card ... I love the cut of the white on the card front. I also thought you were attempting a tri-fold card. I am definitely going to recreate your blunder. Love it! And Cassidy is so adorable. Kudos to her Mom for her creative hairdo and the outfit is darling! She's certainly a little firecracker in my book. I have loved watching her grow from an infant to the darling girl she has become as I've followed your blog through the years.

Bonnie said...

I love your shells and that clever fold! And Cassidy looks adorable in her July 4th outfit!

Nance Leedy said...

What a happy accident! Love how you turned an odd cut into a clever and creative card. Your masked stamping and combination of stamps is beach perfection--love it all!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! This card is just amazing. Love the cut/fold and your choices for using the colors are perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Your little visitor to the room is genius! This is creative, artistic and interesting. Love it!

Gisela said...

Cassidy is very crafy, lol and pretty!! I think the accident worked great, love the angle and the colors. Congratulations!

Claire Broadwater said...

Congratulations, LeAnee on your win! XX See you soon!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the way this card opens and how the inside and outside tie together so beautifully. Gorgeous card, my friend and Cassidy's braids are fabulous!
Hugs
Jaydee