Friday, May 9, 2014

IB114 and CTS75

DSCF2846-001

Happy Friday, peeps!  What a glorious afternoon we had yesterday…nice warm temps and a beautiful blue sky!  We have been treated with all kinds of bird sightings this spring….orioles, tree swallows, nesting Canada geese AND robins….lots of birdie nature going on around here!  And my cards today are bird-related too!  I loved this little inspiration photo from Inspired By this week:

Cute AND true!!  I just got some lovely Skylark paper from CTMH and couldn’t resist using it for the challenge:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Skylark Lovely Day Card Stampin

I did add a little collage stamping of some Impression Obsession words in River Rock, then added my Artistic Outpost sentiment atop a banner that was part of this glorious paper.  I realized when I was checking out some other challenges that it matched the sketch this week from CAS(e) This Sketch:

It really is clean and simple, because it’s just one sheet of DP and the little banner!

And I couldn’t resist making another bird-related card, since I have had these bird stickers for a while and a couple of scraps sitting on my table:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Birthday for the Birds Crafty Secrets Stampin

The tag is a retired SU diecut; sentiment is from Crafty Secrets’ For the Birds!

DSCF2852

Not sure what kind of bird this is, but he is pretty!

It’s spring, and Cassidy wasted no time in covering Grampy with dandelion fuzz:

DSCF2833

which she thought was hysterically funny, of course!

DSCF2836

DSCF2834

And here is my little mother robin, who created her nest under John’s shed roof, amidst all his junk:

DSCF2703

  Enjoy your day!  If you have any questions about any of the products I used today, shoot me an email!

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful cards and pictures! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet birds everywhere! Pretty cards! And that Cassidy looks like she is having such fun! She has the best smile!

Doris said...

We have a crazy cardinal that has been banging up against our glass sliding doors and making a mess in the process. He started doing this last year and is back! ugh!
Hope your Mothers Day is delightful!

Linda said...

I was hoping a Robin would build on the porch so Mary could keep an eye on her. That is so much fun to watch.
Your cards are adorable and in the cutie pie.
I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day weekend.
Hugs,
Linda

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, just had to say I love the photo of your Robin. We had two nest under our deck when we moved into our new home 2 years ago. We wouldn't stain the deck until they had gone as we didn't want to disturb them!
Have a fabulous Mother's Day
hugs
jaydee

Darlene Gabriel said...

It's so good to see that you're able to be outside these days. I'm looking forward to that soon here too. Cassidy just make me smile - she is so full of life and fun. Poor Grampy though:( He is such a good sport.
Sweet bird cards today. You do collage style so well. I like you layered banner on that first card too.

Karen Day said...

Two gorgeous cards, Leanne!

Lisa Elton said...

The birds sure are singing a happy tune now that spring is really here! Pretty cards LeAnne. And little Miss Cassidy is too cute for her own good!!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous cards, and gorgeous photos, LeAnne! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a super sweet inspiration photo -- I love how it inspired your pretty card! Great take on the sketch!