Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Colour Me…! 21

DSCF3068

Hi peeps!  It’s Wednesday, and time for another Colour Me…! challenge!  This week the colors are subtle…and look how pretty they are:

I was so excited when I saw this inspiration photo, because I had received a window frame die for Christmas and hadn’t used it yet!  So here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Stampin Up Colour Me 21 Easter Blossoms

I cut out two windows and pieced them together, then stamped the blossoms from the retired Easter Blossoms set on the white panel behind it.  I used a marker to ink up the stems:

DSCF3072

I also stamped the blossoms on a piece of vellum (which is curling up unattractively!) and lightly brayered over the vellum with a light dusting of Primrose Petals ink.  My Early Espresso panel is embossed with the Fancy Fan EF and trimmed with edges punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.

I also used the Technostamper sketch for this week, turning it on its side:

The other designers have made some wonderful creations with these charming colors this week…check them all out at the Colour Me…! blog, and play along with us as well!  Can’t wait to see what you create!

We made Grampy a cake the other day, and Cassidy learned how to butter the pan; she was really doing a great job, too!

DSCF2988

DSCF2989

I think she’ll be baking a cake by the time she’s four!

11 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

So soft and pretty! Love those colors!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so pretty LeAnne, I like your new window! I thought the vellum was ribbon!! I just love seeing little Miss Betty Crocker in her apron, so cute!!

Lesley said...

I remember working in the kitchen with my grammy...she always had me helping her do things like buttering the pans. Love your card as always, LeAnne. The vellum is very cool!

Doris said...

Cassidy is so blessed to be able to spend so much quality time with her grandparents, and you're blessed too!

Linda said...

Adorable little cook and card! Hugs, Linda

MJ said...

Brilliant! I love it, the window die is a perfect fit for these challenges. And the colors are awesome too. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge again this week!

Bev Gomez said...

beautiful card LeAnne as you always do. I love the die you got for Christmas. I like the little apron on Cassidy. How special!

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the colors LeAnne!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow, Cassidy is getting to be quite the little helper isn't she? Look at that technique;)
Such a pretty window card. Great job on the inspiration colours.

Unknown said...

love how you used the photo for inspiration down to the pink and blue window frames!

Unknown said...

LeAnne so very fun that not only did you pull the colours from the photo but also the theme elements! Clever crafter :)