Thursday, May 29, 2014

CAS Bee

DSCF3305

I spent waaaaay too long making this simple bee card….wonder why that happens sometimes?  Anyway, I just quit fooling with it and finished it up; it’s for the Kraft Journal clean and simple challenge #173 and well as the CASology cue card #73 of bee:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Bee Sweetest Moments Stampin

I used several different images (email me if you have questions about which ones!), stamped them on Crumb Cake and since I did about four attempts before being satisfied with what I had, I cut it into a smaller panel and mounted it on a Baked Brown Sugar base.  The bee was stamped on white cardstock, colored with Blendabilities and I sparkled up his wings a bit with Dazzling Diamonds glitter:

DSCF3304

Have a fabulous day! 

Cassidy decided to “help” me in the flower bed; it does need help, but not necessarily this type!

DSCF3309

DSCF3310

DSCF3311

DSCF3312

A trip to the hose was necessary!

16 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Worth every minute you spent on it! This is so you and what you do best......s/s/s......:)

Unknown said...

A little dirt never hurt!

Doris said...

Are there some pink shovel cards in your future???

jengd said...

Maybe you spent too much time on it but the end result is fantastic! Good thing Cassidy didn't "help" you with this one! LOL!

dj said...

This is a gorgeous card!! Love your pictures of your garden helper too!!

stampwithsandy said...

Love the gorgeous vintagey-ness of this LeAnne! I recognize the bee from Nature Walk. I forgot about that bee!

Mrs. O said...

Your bee card is wonderful! I need to remember this one... my dil wants to start beekeeping!! Cassidy is going to be a great gardener one day!!

Mrs. O said...

I love your bee card! It has to go in my files... for future reference! Oh... and Cassidy... I think she is going to be a great gardener one day! Love all the pictures of her.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh that bee looks so REAL ~ terrific card LeAnne!! Fun pics of Miss Green...uhmmm...brown thumbs!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Looks realistic yet artistic as well. Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology this week. May

Jen Mitchell said...

That bee looks positively real! All that fooling with your card really paid off. And send Cassidy right over because my garden needs all the help it can get!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a totally fun bee card LeAnne and although Cassidy may have created more work she looks like she had fun! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Jaydee said...

Love it LeAnne. it's clean and vintage and only you can do that so well!
As for your little helper... thanks for making me smile! :-)
hugs
jaydee

Kristi said...

Wonderful card, LeAnne! Love all the cool stamping!
Looks like you have a little gardener on your hands!
Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!♥

Judy1223 said...

LeAnne, I love the background on your bee card...the colors remind me of honey! Cool glittery bee, too! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology...and so glad to see Cassidy enjoying the garden!

~Tammy~ said...

Love your background and your bee is so lifelike! Thank you for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week. I hope you will join us again this week!