Sunday, December 15, 2013

Paper Players 176

DSCF9756

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Today sweet Sandy has a lovely challenge for us all:



I had a couple of ideas for my card, but I always struggle with photographing them!  My first one just wasn’t cutting it, so I went on a different tack, using some embossing and diecutting to give texture to my notecard:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 176 White on White Christmas Stampin
DSCF9753

I used a premade SU note card, die-cut a star from a smaller panel, then embossed it, mounted it on top,  and added a little heat embossed snowflake embellishment:

DSCF9755

I used the Endless Wishes polymer set to stamp the word “joy” on a small oval in Silver Encore ink, and then used the cut-out and more sentiment stamps on the inside:

DSCF9757

I don’t know about you, but I am still sending out Christmas cards….my friend took a bunch of my cards to a craft show yesterday, so I really will be late sending out the ones that are left!!  Maybe I’ll be sending out New Year’s cards instead!  This adds another to my stash anyway!  I hope that you can use this white-on-white challenge to make another card for your stash, even if it’s for next year!  Make sure you check out the beautiful creations from the design team too:
Cassidy disassembled a Christmas decoration I had made; it consisted of styrofoam “snowballs” (covered with modpodge and glitter), pinecones, rusty bells and a white deer, all together in a large bowl.  She placed the deer on the floor and used the snowballs to bowl him over…poor thing!  Thankfully nothing was breakable but my carpet was full of glitter!

DSCF9552

And you can see, she has plenty of toys to play with….but this was more fun!  Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Endless Wishes (SU retired), Winter Joy (CTMH)
Card stock & Papers     SU Notecard, Whisper White
 Ink Craft White, Encore Silver
Accessories Silver Ribbon, Rhinestone
Tools     Big Shot, Nestie Star Die, Starburst EF, Circle Punch, Small Oval Punch, Dimensionals

7 comments:

JoAnn said...

This white on white card is perfect. TFS

Linda said...

She looks like she is having a great time!
I love the card. It is so elegant.

stampwithsandy said...

I adore this, LeAnne! What a great idea to cut the star out the embossed panel and then put the snowflake inside. Brilliance! The subtle silver sentiment is perfect, too. You rocked this challenge all around! Hugs :)

Ann Schach said...

Clean and gorgeous, LeAnne! I love the bit of glitz! You did a fabulous job with this challenge!

Kristie Goulet said...

LeAnne, this is a stunning card. Love it!

That picture and little story of Cassidy is so cute. You can't help but smile when seeing that smile on her face. So sweet!!

Bonnie said...

Simply beautiful, LeAnne! Love it!

Nance Leedy said...

This is perfect, LeAnne! Using the negative space against the embossed panel is brilliant--it really makes the star pop, something that is difficult to do with WOW. Love that you used the star on the inside. What a wonderful WOW card!