Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Repurposed Halloween

DSCF8126

It seems like I have only been stamping cards, cards, cards….I haven’t done a 3D project in a long time!  So I wanted to share with you what I finally made for my two club hostesses this month.  I always save my little punchouts or bits & pieces of ribbon or embellishments that don’t make it on to my projects, and I like to make some sort of holder for them and “gift” them to my hostesses!  Silly, but they like it (or maybe they’re just being polite!).  For my first one, I repurposed the envelope that contained one of the framelit dies from SU.  I keep my dies with my stamp set; I put them on magnet strips on the inside of the plastic box, so I don’t need the envelopes.  I covered this one with some Orchard Harvest DP (sticky strip works great here) and added a Perfectly Preserved embellishment and a cotton ribbon tie:

DSCF8122

I used some plaid for the flap:

DSCF8123

You could use this for a nice little set of cards as well!

My second one repurposed an acetate box from something….can’t even remember what it was!  I used a Halloween theme on this one with some characters from Googly Ghouls, a tag from Two Tags die using the Howlstooth & Scaringbone DP, and some retired ribbon:

DSCF8124

I even made my own “seal” with a clear address label and circle punch! 

DSCF8125

The only kind of spider I like!!!  I had fun making these and I hope my girls liked them!

Ahhhh…..imagine the sound of a metal ice cream scraper being banged on a bit metal lid!!!!

DSCF8189

DSCF8184

DSCF8185

My eardrums are ringing!  Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

LeAnne, cute project (as always)! I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying seeing pics of your gorgeous granddaughter. She is just adorable ~ and how amazed I am you can still create beautiful things most days. Way to go! Love, Emma xx

None None said...

Adorable repurposed items, LeAnne! I love the framelits envelope - such a fantastic idea!!! That spider is too cute (esp. the way you made the seal!).

Love the little music maker you have on your hands!

Sherry Eckblad said...

I think your girls will love them. So cute and a great way to use up the leftovers.

In this photo of Cassidy she looks so grown up. No longer has that little baby face.

Linda said...

Would you like some ear plugs? LOL I need here hear to chase the squirrel out of the bird feeder.
These are really great ideas. I like the idea of storing the dies with the stamp set too. Did you make the blue flower in the Halloween box? It is really pretty. Such nice hostess gifts.
Did you make your card for your swap?

Colleen Dietrich said...

Neat 3D projects, LeAnne! And I'm sooooo glad we don't have an audio clip to go along with the ice cream scoop pix, thank you very much! ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

LeAnne I love your card, but I always do. That is a fantastic set! Those hostess gifts are such a fantastic idea! I have a lid off a Michael's photo box that is overflowing with bit and pieces that did make the card and I can't bear to throw out. Borrowing this idea to give to my Mom and SIL who love to make cards. :)

jengd said...

Those are SO cute and such a great use of the envelopes (I'm SO gonna steal your idea of putting the framelits in the stamp case when I get my hands on mine next week!) Good luck with the noise level. ;)

Darlene Gabriel said...

It said there was an error when I posted my comment so sorry if this is a duplicate.
I was wondering if it is quiet at your place yet;) I was saying maybe Cassidy is going to be a drummer like my son which means she'll have to get in a lot of practice time:) :)
These are wonderful re-purposed projects and I know your hostesses are going to love them. I especially like the envelope - love the DP and Perfectly Preserved embellishment. Great "self-made" seal on the box.