Monday, September 3, 2012

Merry Monday 31

DSCF8011-002

Happy Monday, everyone!  It’s time for another Merry Monday sketch from Lesley:

Since I am just coming back from some time away, I didn’t deviate too much from the sketch, just made it pretty simple with some new Festival of Prints Christmas DP and a sentiment from Perfect Punches:

Merry Monday 31 - LeAnne

Another card where the paper does most of the work!  I stamped the sentiment in each of the two main colors, Lucky Limeade and Raspberry Ripple, then used my scallop and 1 1/4” circle punches to punch them out.  The remaining circles are Nesties; the banners are from the Itty Bitty Banners dies!!  Can’t get much easier than this!

DSCF8011-001

Now, lets see what you can do with this fun sketch!  It’s so wonderful to see all the creativity out there!  And be sure to stop by Lesley’s blog, Always Playing with Paper, to see what the other designers have made today, and to play along with us!  Another card for our stashes, right?!

I do apologize for the bad lighting in the photos….a wee one was in bed and I couldn’t get to my light box!  Speaking of the wee one, she couldn’t wait to have Grampy read her a story once we got home:

DSCF8005

DSCF8007

DSCF8001

18 comments:

Judith said...

Glad you are back. Missed your lovely cards and that precious Cassidy. She always makes me smile. Have a good Labor Day.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great card LeAnne. I love the colors you used.
Hope you are well rested after your vacation.

Carol L said...

This is one FABULOUS Christmas card! I love the colors, design, and every little detail! WB home and happy Labor Day :)

Linda said...

Very pretty card. Love all the layers.
Sweet pictures of Cassidy and Grandpa. Love that little reader.

Queen Mary said...

Great card LeeAnne! And I love that she's reading! You can travel the world if you read~!

Queen Mary said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! I really like how you used the papers! And I love that Miss Cassidy seems to love to read -- my grandmother always said you could travel the world if you read.

Betty Benton said...

This is a wonderful card! I love the simplicity of it but the layers and the patterned papers give it lots of punch! Like that sentiment stamp too!

Patti said...

Another great Christmas card. Great way to show some of the beautiful dsp.

Denise Willerton said...

So so sweet LeAnne ~ all of it...your card, story time...enjoy this day!!!

Unknown said...

Sweet card and precious moments!!!

Terry said...

I hope you had fun! I love your card. And I miss my kids being able to sit on my lap while reading them a story.

Hugs,

Terry

Pam~ said...

I really, really like this card! It caught my eye with the layers of the medallion and the DSP ... gorgeous, LeAnne!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Gorgeous card and perfect colours. I really like the layers hi-lighting the sentiment.
Love to see the pictures of Cassidy and Grampy reading together.

Lesley said...

Love this paper LeAnne...I was resisting it but now I don't know! LOL!!! Great card!

Bonnie said...

I never think of this stamp and when I see this I wonder why. It makes such a simple yet wonderful card!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, I love all the layers and texture. This paper is wonderful.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the DP's and image!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Another fabulous card Leanne! You really do combine DSPs so well.