Tuesday, September 18, 2012

CQC155 and RS29

DSCF8260

It’s Tuesday, and that means ColourQArielle has pointed us to some Victorian colors reminiscent an English tea:

cqc155

In my effort to do some quick, simple cards, I chose a style similar to last week’s card, but this week, using the Retrosketches sketch 29:

And here we go, in all its embossed glory:

LeAnne_CQC155

I used Fan Fair, Houndstooth, and Square Lattice embossing folders.  This also gave me a chance to use one of my hoarded little puffy felt embellishments:

DSCF8258

Squeee!  Love it!  These colors and inspiration photo could be used in so many ways, I hope you’ll find time in your busy schedule to sit down and play with them!  Share them with us over at the ColourQ blog, too!  You might just be crowned QUEEN next week!

Cassidy is into stacking anything these days (and anywhere).  Who knew hotel soap could be such a great toy?

DSCF8113

DSCF8115

Ta-da!

DSCF8121

Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the colors in your card and that puffy tree is just pure icing on the cake.

Emma Fewkes said...

What an adorable CAS card. Love that felt tree. Your GD is the cutest thing, I love the stacking soaps <3

kat said...

As usual your card is an inspiration but, come on!!!!, sitting in the sink is soooo precious! This is one of the best pictures of Cassidy I've seen since her birth.....wonderful!

debra said...

Love your cardmaking as usual! Ta-da should be for Cassidy still fitting into the sink!!

jengd said...

Really like those mixed embossed squares. And cute pix- love the fact she's sitting in the sink. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I really love those colors!! Beautiful creation! What a sweet little wee one in your sink!! LOL!! :)

Bev Gomez said...

What no wonder we are buddies as I used to sell Longaberger baskets and have tons of them still. I love your card and have mine already done but I see the colourq isn't posted yet so I will link to it later if that is okay to do. Cassie is saying what, me take a bath in the sink, no way. LOL! Hugs to you my friend. Oh I love the TSOT card too. Love that DSP. Hugs, Bev

WinterBerry Glen said...

Great idea with the embossing! And yes, my heart went pitter patter at the sight of the felt tree! :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh how adorable she is. Can't believe how perfectly she fits in the sink:)
These colours look great on your card. Fun embossed squares. That felt tree is very cute.

Linda said...

Adorable card!
Love the stacker! Oh to be able to sit like that and be entertained by hotel soap. lOL