Tuesday, September 4, 2012

ColourQ153 with Fab Friday 01

DSCF8015-001

Woohoo!  Tuesday is upon us, back to “normal” life!  Hope everyone had a great Labor Day—it was quite relaxing for us, even though the weather was not very cooperative!

Arielle has a yummy color combo for us today—the possibilities are endless:

cqc153

My niece had a baby boy while we were away, so of course, I took advantage of these colors to make her family a little “welcome baby” card.  This is a small notecard size, 3 1/2 x 5”:

LeAnne_CQC153

I have been patiently waiting to use this little star stamp I recently acquired, and it fit perfectly with a retired SU sentiment from Small Sayings!  I colored all the stars and then glittered them up for some “twinkle”!

DSCF8014-001

And since my bottom panel looked a little bare, I added a little extra star down below!

DSCF8015-002

And there’s a new challenge in town:  Fab Friday!  This uses their very first sketch:

I hope you’ll scoot on over to the ColourQ blog to see what the others came up with using these fab colors!  And I hope you can find time in your schedule to play with us too!  Can’t wait to see you there!

I wish I could give you the audio that went along with this adventure of Cassidy’s (just excuse my stained pots & pans!!!):

DSCF6333

DSCF6334

Enjoy your day!  If you have any questions about my card, just shoot me an email!

21 comments:

Rita W said...

LOL I just love Cassidy. :) Looks like she was ready to cook!

LOVE this sweet baby card. Great use of that sketch and those colors together.

Colleen said...

cute card
Looks like Cassidy is ready to cook something up.
Your pots and pans look just like mine.....well seasoned,well used and many meals made with lots of love.
ColleenB.

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous card LeAnne, I love how you used the colours this week. Those stars are so much fun. Not as much fun as the pot drawer mind you!!

Linda Callahan said...

What a sweet sentiment! Your card is spot on with it! Adorable! Chef Cassidy looks ready to start dinner - or start trouble :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh my Cassidy is so adorable (still, always). I would have loved to hear all she had to say about these "new" toys of hers;)
What a sweet card. This really is a wonderful colour combo and one I should tackle today too. I love you how glittered up the stars and the little hanging star on the bottom.

Bonnie said...

Wow, these colors worked really well for a baby card! Love those twinkly stars!

Marisa said...

Love those sparkly hearts :) Great take on the colours and the sketch.

Queen Mary said...

I love this card LeAnne! the sparkly stars, the way you used the colors! Everything! thanks!

Amanda Mertz said...

What a sweet card! I love that little star hanging at the bottom...great touch! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

Heather Heroldt said...

Oh gosh this is CUTE! Simple and sweet - perfect!

jengd said...

Great use of the colors and the stars!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute baby card! Congrats on the new family addition! Hugs ~S~

Jen Timko said...

Cassidy's face says it all...just too cute!! And so is that card. Fabulous!

Carol L said...

Sweet baby card! I made a card for this challenge too but still have to get a photo!
Cassidy reminds me of my daughter when she was little. She loved playing in the kitchen with anything she could find. She poured parsley into my baking soda because she thought the green and white looked pretty together! LOL

Linda said...

Adorable card LeAnne! And that Cassidy knows how to have fun. I would have loved the audio. So cute.

Marla Reed said...

Oh, this is such a sweet baby card! You paired the color combination with the sketch beautifully. I especially love the little bit of sparkle on the stars. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab Friday!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is such a sweet baby card. I love the sparkly stars and the wonderful sentiment! This one is definitely going into my CASE file!

Cindy Beach said...

Sweet and so adorable! I love your take on the sketch and the color challenge!
Bet you play-tasted some of Cassidy's cooking samples too.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

So super cute! I love your take on this sketch and those colors work for a baby card great! And I totally used to play with my gam's pots and pans just like that:-) THanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Unknown said...

LOVE the little star that appears to be dangling! I never would have thought of these colors for a baby carted, but this is PERFECT! Thanks for popping by my blog, LeAnne. My boys always loved the pots and pans when they were Cassidy's age, too! Look like Ariel when I'm swimming? HAHAHAHA, literally LOL, not SO much! ;D

Pam Steckman said...

Such a cute baby card! I love the stars! Every baby is a "star"! Thanks for playing with us at Fab Friday.