Thursday, August 9, 2012

FMS47 and CCCB121

DSCF5916
Happy Thursday, peeps! I am feeling near-human again thanks to my wonderful doctor and some good meds!  Thanks for all the well-wishes!   I actually did not feel like stamping the last few days but perked up enough yesterday to play with the Freshly Made Sketches sketch 47 from the talented Jen Timko:
I also used a Graphics Fairy image offered over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog…..you can see it here.  Now you know I am all over the Graphics Fairy, and I hadn’t played for a long time at the CCCB, so I combined the two!
DSCF5913
My friend Linda was lamenting that she could not warm up to Summer Starfruit, so my original intent was to make a card using it with some other SU colors to see which ones complemented it the best.  These were not the colors I had in mind, but when I saw the colors in the butterfly, I just went with them!  Gumball Green, another In Color, just happened to be one of them
DSCF5915
I found several scraps of DP that fit the colors, stamped the background with the French Script stamp, then tacked on a couple snippets of stitched ribbon.  Finally I added a little PTI sentiment stamped on vellum and punched with the Large Oval punch:
DSCF5916-001
This is going to another friend who has been under the weather….what is it with this summer, everyone being sick?  I am ready for fall!
I ventured down to the creek that runs between my property and my brother’s; there is a low enough spot where Cassidy can play (I take off her shorts because I know she’s going to sit in wet grass!):
DSCF5889
DSCF5891
DSCF5899
Did you see that awesome spider web?  And of course, she picks the biggest rock she can find to toss:
DSCF5912
Thanks for visiting today!

20 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card ... glad you are feeling better and my ... that cutie pie has grown! ... Thanks for playing at CCCB

Anne Marie Hile said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling more like yourself, LeAnne! Thank goodness for great meds and hopefully you have been getting lots of rest,

Well, if this card doesn't make Linda warm up to Summer Starfruit, I don't know what will. Lol! This is GORGEOUS! Love the color combo and it is showcased beautifully on that pretty butterfly. All I can say is wow! The woodgrain vackground and the vellum sentiment are such perfect touches, too. Have a great day today! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Ok first I am not the Linda.....:) And second the colors match the butterfly beautifully~! This is gorgeous - and I love the sweet touch of vellum! How lucky you are to have such a natural playground for that little one to explore~!

Katherine said...

Awesome card... and so nice you have made some "get well" cards at the perfect time while you have been under the weather too! Ha! Thx for reminder to use vellum. Often a sentiment overpowers if attached stamped on stark white, etc.

Betty Benton said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous! Love it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Oh wow, just look at that baby of yours, now a big girl!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh LeAnne this is absolutely beautiful. I love the butterfly image and the colors you used with it. I have never tried the stamping on vellum and then punching it out to use on a card. That is going to go on my stamping bucket list.

Tracey McNeely said...

That card is sure to make anyone feel better, the butterfly is gorgeous!

MarvA1ix said...

I love all the interesting little snips and textures and prints, lovely, lovely card.
Glad you are feeling better. Love the photos by the creek. One of my sisters has a little creek that runs along the lane that leads to her farm. When her kids were young, and had to walk to the bus stop, her collie, named Fargo, would walk on the creek side of the road, and bark at the kids if they ventured near the water. It was hardly ever deeper that what your creek shows, but that dog knew there was a time and a place to play in the creek.

Linda said...

Oh I would have loved to see the next picture. Did she get wet? so sweet!
Love the card. I made one with this sketch and your colors for Raising Boat today. I won't be able to show it for a while. My mojo needed some help today. So thank you for that.

Rita W said...

So glad you are feeling better! Mine is still coming and going, but today has been okay. :)

Love this! I'm not a fan of that yellow either, but you made it look gorgeous on this one!

jengd said...

Fabulous card- your butterfly looks amazing! Glad you're feeling better. Hubby went to Dr. yesterday. I thought he had bronchitis. Dr. thought he had walking pneumonia. Xrays said he has nada so it's being chalked up to allergies. Go figure. As for a kid in dipe, I still make Boy take off his shirt when he eats tomato sauced pasta, etc. at home. I get tired of trying to salvage the shirts. :)

Kara said...

i really love this LeAnne!!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! I really like Summer Starfruit, and this color combo is AWESOME! Love the punched vellum sentiment and the woodgrain paper:) How FUN for Cassidy to have such an awesome place to play! I bet she loves going there:) Have a wonderful weekend!

Jen Mitchell said...

That butterfly image is gorgeous and matches perfectly with Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green. Ahh, serendipity! So glad to hear you're feeling better!

Jen Timko said...

Hmmm, the jury is still out for me on that color too but you really have used it beautifully here! Gorgeous butterfly!! Glad you are feeling better!

Jen Sannes said...

This is just lovely! And what a fantastic use of the Summer Starfruit color. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, LeAnne! You showcased Summer Starfruit perfectly, and the Gumball Green looks great with it! Cassidy looks like she is having a blast! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

Your card looks great. I am so happy you played along with over at CCCB.

Your grand-daughter is just as cute as can be..

cnelson said...

Darling photos and such a BEAUTIFUL card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCCB!!