Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mojo Monday 243

DSCF1059

I have not played with the Mojo Monday sketches for a long time, so I thought I’d give this square card a try:

DSCF1058

I realized after photographing the card that I should have used a different blue for my vertical panel, but hopefully the recipient won’t mind the disparity in the shades!  I used a retired set called Watercolor Trio, inked with markers and stamped on watercolor paper.  I went over the images with a damp aquapainter just to blend them a little better:

DSCF1060

I also stamped the French script from French Foliage on the background of both my image pieces.  The floral DP is from Comfort Cafe, and the Summer Starfruit DP is from Patio Party, both available June 1.  Remember, today is the last day to order from the current Stampin’Up! catalog, so if there’s a set you’re hankering, get it now!  On the inside, I added a Bible verse and another floral:

DSCF1062

Yesterday, we realized we could supplement the quickly-drying “pubbles” in our driveway with a watering can!  It took a few tries for her to figure out just how to turn it upside down for the best effect:

DSCF1055 DSCF1038

 DSCF1047 DSCF1049

   DSCF1050DSCF1053

Success!  Thanks for visiting today!

 DSCF1040

7 comments:

Carol L said...

Cute anniversary card - I just love how you stamped the inside as much as the outside!
Isn't it delightful watching the wee ones learn to do things? Such a cute sequence of photos :)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

LeAnne, this is beautiful! I love the stamp set you've used with the bg paper. Not to worry about the color differences in the blue panel. If you hadn't mentioned it, I don't think anyone would know. I really like your take on the Mojo challenge!

Darlene Gabriel said...

This anniversary card is gorgeous. Love your watercoloured image and the pearl accents.
It's so much fun to see Cassidy at work (play). Her little mind is always going and she is developing some wonderful trouble shooting/processing skills isn't she?
I love the porch and chairs I see in the background of the picture. How relaxing it would be to sit and visit with you there sometime;)

Bev J. said...

Really pretty card. Like the dp.

Those pics of Cassidy would sure be cute to scrapbook.

Linda Callahan said...

The watercolor look on your flowers is so pretty~! And Miss C is so cute practicing a bit of her own water-coloring..........

Linda said...

Oh I missed this card. wow it is really pretty.I love the lay out.
What cute pictures of Cassidy. I love how hard they are willing to work at play. So sweet.

Linda said...

Love that watercolored focal point. The blues look awesome!!