Friday, February 3, 2012

Monkey Challenge 94

DSCF4069 Hey there! The fun, happy girls over at a la Card Monkey asked me to be their guest designer this week!  Here is their sketch & challenge:
Monkey94 Birthday
My nephew’s birthday is coming up next week, so this was a perfect opportunity to use the sketch!  He is a senior in high school and is a super neat kid…he’s into physics, math, and mechanical stuff, so I thought these images would be great for him:
DSCF4067
I am going to bet that he has NO IDEA what that little embellishment is at the bottom right of the image panel…..but he’s smart enough, he can probably figure it out!
DSCF4066
The colored images are stamped in Memento black and colored with Copics….the numbers are stamped in Pacific Point.  I just love this vintage look and I know he’ll probably just want to see what’s inside!
DSCF4068
If you have any questions about the card or supplies, give me a shout!  (Make sure you include your email address so I can return your answer!)  I hope you’ll have some time to play with the Monkey sketch this week---we all need birthday cards, and this is a fun, simple sketch!  Be sure to join us and share your creation!
This was taken last week, after recuperating from teething and a bad cold…..red cheeks and runny nose, but check out the curls!  Amazing! And raisins always help!  Thankfully, the teeth have broken through:
163_5650

8 comments:

None None said...

This is a fantastic masculine birthday card, LeAnne! you've done it once again - I love the colors, the vintage look rocks. Your nephew is very blessed to have you as his aunt! Congrats on being the Guest Designer this week at a la Card Monkey!

Linda said...

I love this card. It is so masculine, but I cannot find the stamp set in any of the books. Can you tell me what it is. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

dpkennedy said...

I love this masculine artsy card! Great colors! I recognize the eraser! I "think" they were around when I was a kid, lol!

Linda Fisher said...

Well I can tell you that little image in the lower right hand corner brings back my typing days!!! With your nephew's background.....I think your card nailed it PERFECTLY!

Linda said...

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THIS CARD!!!!! What are the stamps you use. This is so perfect for a man or my beautiful nieces who has a master is math. I really love the pencils and the eraser. They are things near and dear to my heart. Really Those things and old sewing things. I just love them.
Cassidy looks like she it watching her favorite show on TV. Can she get any cuter?

jengd said...

LeAnne, this card is fabulous!! LOVE those images and the colors you went with! I'd love to know what stamps those are that you used- it's been a long haul since I've seen one of those brush erasers - I'd really like to see the entire set! And glad to hear the teeth are through. What a long, painful process for everyone!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

lly love this card! I love the colors and the image and the whole composition. That little thing on the bottom is a round eraser with a brush to brush off the earser leavings. From long, long ago. Vintage. Just like me!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

You do Vintage cards so well!! I love the Old School feel with this one! Cassidy is getting so big, time really flies! She still has those big blue eyes that she had as a baby.

Hugs
Shirley