Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Sympathy Card

DSCF9333-1

This is the sixth sympathy card I have needed in two weeks!  But it gave me a chance to use a Waltzingmouse set that hasn’t seen ink in a long while!

DSCF9333

I’m not very good at making cards with scenery on them, and although I love the tree and the hills, I am not sure about the house in the background.  It looks a little crooked in my photo but it is straight on the card!  Anyway, the hills are masked and sponged with Lucky Limeade and Always Artichoke on a Baja Breeze card; the tree was stamped in Chocolate Chip.  The house was stamped, trimmed to fit the hills and glued on separately, then I stamped the tree branch over it again with my Stamp-a-ma-jig….very, very carefully!  A simple sentiment and ribbon/button trim finished it off.   I really love the effect of this and was happy that I tried to make a “scene”!  Thanks for visiting today!  Be sure to come back shortly for the posting of my blog candy winner!

 DSCF9340DSCF9344

Cassidy & Grampy sharing a snack!

Wee Details:

  • Stamps:  Blessed by You, Waltzingmouse; Sentimental Occasions, MTME
  • Paper:  Baja Breeze, Whisper White
  • Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade, Always Artichoke, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand
  • Acc:  Sponges, Ribbon, Button, SAMJ

4 comments:

jengd said...

Sorry you need another sympathy card but it is fabulous! I LOVE your scene and think the house looks great! And fab picture of Cassidy and Grampy- love the sweater!

Linda said...

That is funny they both smile the same.
Wonderful card but sorry you needed one.
Sending Hugs,
Linda

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ohhhh, Leanne, this is wonderful! I love primitive art (actually most of the artwork in my house is this genre) and your card makes such a touching and beautiful sympathy card. It is beautiful.

Speaking of beautiful, so is Miss Cassidy having a snack with Grampa!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, amazing job with the card. The hills are fabulous. As for the pick.... oh boy.... the genes are showing through :-) Love it!
hugs
jaydee