Sunday, August 7, 2011

Paper Players 58

DSCF4105

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! It’s Sunday and that means another Paper Players challenge!

PP58 Banner

This week we have a “School Daze” challenge by our hostess, Ann! I am pretty sure that Ann will not be going back to school since she is retired now, but I guess that she’s still in that mode! (I am thinking she much prefers staying at home with the pups!)

I was challenged by my teammate Anne Marie to do the Hand Stamped Sentiments’ Fancy Fold challenge with my card this week:

PP58-1

There were a few things I would have changed about my execution of this card. The fold itself is fun and easy; I got the directions from Laura Lipe, here. However, I wish I had stamped my numbers in black ink instead of Pacific Point; my original intent was just to leave them uncolored. They looked kind of plain, so I colored them with a blender pen---ick, too light. Oh well, not enough time for a re-do! I do love my little school bus from Every Little Bit;

DSCF4101

and the sentiment from Petite Pairs:

DSCF4105-1

We’d love to have you play along with us this week so we can see how your School Daze plays out! Stop by the Paper Players blog to share your creation! And here are the other designers as well:

Thanks for visiting today!

DSCF4111-1

Wee Details:

  • Stamps: Petite Pairs, Bring on the Cake, Every Little Bit
  • Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Play Date, Just Add Cake, Patterns DP in Real Red & Pacific Point
  • Ink: Stazon, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Real Red
  • Acc: Circle Punches, Circle Scallop Punch, Bright Button, Small & Large Oval, Library Clip, Bakers Twine, Dimensionals, Square Punches, 3-Heart Punch, Markers


16 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Great colors - great designs - so many details! Love it - great back to school look!

Nance Leedy said...

What a terrific fancy fold card LeAnne! These colors and DSP are perfect for the challenge and my favorite part is definitely that sweet little school bus--perfectly colored too!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

LeAnne this is a masterpiece! Wow so many bright and cheery colors and the details are amazing! Love everything about it, espeically the little school bus. Hugs.

lisa808 said...

Fun fold and nice, bright colors.

Linda said...

LeAnne - Love your card. Love all the colors and the details. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Ann Schach said...

What a fabulous fancy fold card, LeAnne! The details, especially the adorable bus, are perfect! You did a great job with this challenge!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is SO fun! I love all of the bright colors and the fun fold design. That itty bitty school bus is so stinkin' cute, too. Thanks for the sweet shout-out and for playing along at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week, too! Hugs! :)

Jodi said...

What a bright fun card! I just love it! The design is so creative. Love the paper, colors, and all your little details.

Snowmanlover said...

Love your card and the baby is adorable! hugs! barb

Mary Davidson said...

I love all the colors and details on your card!! It makes me feel happy to look at it! And so many smiles...especially on your little darling's sweet face. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Your definitely makes me smile. I love the bright colors and all the details and embellishments. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Carrie Gaskin said...

FUN FUN FUN! This has so many great things going on. A wonderful "back to school" creation!

Krista said...

Very, very cute! So many great elements and a great color combo. That little school bus is adorable. The way you used the fancy fold, too really adds such character! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkedx2 said...

Love the bright colors. Great card for the beginning of the school year. Thanks for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie

Sandra Azzopardi said...

What a fantastic card, LeAnne! I love all the details that you have added in this. The bus is defintely a very cute touch.

Theresa said...

What a fabulous card!! Love all the bright colors.