Friday, August 12, 2011

Happy to Bee

DSCF6077-1

Arielle has a little gallery challenge going on over at the Wax Fruit Company, and since I hadn’t played with this bee and honeycomb image yet, I thought today would be a good time!  Here’s my card:

DSCF6077

The sketch is loosely based on this week’s Mojo 203 sketch but I missed a couple of the elements, so I am not even going to submit it, but I still like it!  All the DPs are from My Minds Eye Hattie series; I actually printed the honeycomb image directly on one of them. Everything was colored with Copics, and the bee’s wings even have a little shimmer to them:

DSCF6079

I used some ribbon from my stash for the big honkin’ bow!  I think I’ll send this out to a special friend today!

A few minutes in our yard yesterday:

A snack on the quilt…….

DSCF6042

only lasts a few minutes, if that…..and it’s off we go:

DSCF6035-2

Mmmm, I wonder if these stones taste better than grapes:

DSCF6053

Drat, banished to the stroller---that’s okay, I’ll just kick back:

DSCF6064

Can you see who is lurking in the mint, basil & roses:

DSCF6065

Why, it’s Pumpkin….escaping the clutches of Cassidy!  Enjoy your day, and thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Right after studying the bee (and I like that bee more than the usual bee stamps) I then saw sweetie-pie in the GRASS!! I had a momentary thought of bees.............yikes.

Sylvia said...

What a cute "bee" card! and that little girl is growing up too fast! I wish my garden looked that green and had a hiding place for my cats! My basil, oregano, and chives are still looking OK, but my mint look so bad! Have a wonderful day and thanks for the shout out!

Lisa Foster said...

This is such a great card! I love the papers and ribbon...a perfect match with the image!
Hugs,
Lisa

scrappingnana said...

Cute card and adorable pics of Cassidy. TFS

Elaine M said...

Aren't her images wonderful - really like the colors you pulled together for todays card. Awww Ms C is starting to get active isn't she - you wont even have to think about going to a gym to get your exercise - such a sweet little one. Pumpkin's looking good too - can't him out

kelly said...

I think you should enter your card its fab!
p.s your kitty looks so cute trying to escape the sunshine.
Kelly xx

Linda Fisher said...

I love everything about this card! The colors are the best and tell me how you 'printed' that image onto the designer paper? You are just so GOOD!!! My favorite picture of Cassidy is the one in the stroller - kicked back! AWESOME