Saturday, July 9, 2011

Card Monkey 64

DSCF2189-1

Happy Saturday, everyone!  I was blessed enough to be asked to be a guest designer again for those sweet girls at a la Card Monkey

guestdesignerbadge

Here’s the sketch & challenge:

Monkey 64 Christmas in July-001

Well, that fits right into my one-a-week Christmas card challenge to myself! I chose to do CAS, as the days before convention are flying by!

Card Monkey 64

Elegant Eggplant is a color I rarely use, so I thought it would be nice to make a monochromatic Christmas card with this regal color!  Welcome Christmas has such lovely silhouettes, and each word from the sentiment from Come to Bethlehem was inked with markers and stacked so I could punch them out with a circle punch:

DSCF2190

I also added the sentiment from Welcome Christmas on the inside:

DSCF2191

That Patterns DP looks so nice with this!  I hope you have some time to play along with those Card Monkeys, too! 

Wee Details:

  • Stamps:  Welcome Christmas, Come to Bethlehem
  • Paper:  VV, Elegant Eggplant,  Elegant Eggplant Patterns DP
  • Ink:  Elegant Eggplant
  • Acc:  Circle Punch, Nestie, Pearls, Crochet Trim

DSCF2095

Joy!

10 comments:

Carla said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the layout for a Christmas card. You are so lucky to think ahead like this. Hugs,

Lauri said...

Wow! What a beautiful, monochromatic card!! and thanks for the link to the challenge blog! I didn't know about these ladies and the sketch looks fun!

Bev J. said...

Like the sketch and the colors you used-very pretty card.

Cassidy made me laugh out loud!! A good thing!

Joan said...

I always enjoy your cards so much, and the added bonus each time is the picture of that precious granddaughter. Today's just makes me giggle....

Elaine M said...

Incredible card - I would never have thought of that color for Christmas but it is so elegant. Just lovely!
Our Miss Cassidy is one happy little gal today - she always makes me smile and sometimes even laugh out loud - give her a hug for me

barb mann said...

Hello LeAnne,
I thought I had commented but guess not. I love this card. & I need all the Chistmas ideas I can get for my CCC. Wonderful card. THXs...Barb

Denise Willerton said...

love this card LeAnne ~ who said purple isn't a Christmas color ~ stunning in my books my dear ~ TFS ~ enjoy your day :-)

Elise said...

Wish you could hear me - woooooo-ing! This is STUNNING! Shrowded in eggplant - there is something SO delicious about monochromatic work and YOU are ON it, girl! Congrats on your guest DT gig! YOU are rockin' the joint! {Love the monkey concept! What FUN!}

Ruth Ann V. said...

The card is so peaceful and love the family stamp.
What a big smile! I can see those "teefers". Enjoy your memories, with Cassidy.

savvy teaching tips said...

oooohhhhh a BEATUIFUL purple christmas card. - and a beautiful little girl too!