Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Color Throwdown 148 & CCCB63

DSCF2004

I managed to carve out some time to play with my lovely Color Throwdown teammates!  Here’s Bar’s cool challenge:

swatch 148

I took the liberty of substituting SU’s new Calypso Coral for Cameo Coral because I was also using one of SU’s new hostess sets, Array of Sunshine:

CTD148 LeAnne

I have needed three sympathy cards in the past week!  I am not too sure about the empty white space on my panel; I feel like I need to fill it in, but it is in the mail, so it’s going to have to be okay.  I stamped the leafy image on my Garden Green panel before I embossed it with the Square Lattice embossing folder:

DSCF2005

The Pacific Point Corduroy Button (still available on the Clearance Rack!) was embellished with some pearls, as was my floral image:

DSCF2002

The layout is from this week’s City Crafter #63:

CCCB63

And I used a verse from Our Daily Bread Designs for the inside:

DSCF2008

I hope you can play along with the other CTD designers…be sure to check out the blog and add your creation as well!  Here are their links if you’re in a hurry!:

Thanks for visiting today!

Wee Details:

  • Stamps:  Array of Sunshine, Occasional Quotes, Scripture Collection II, ODBD
  • Paper:  WW, Garden Green & Pacific Point Patterns DP, Garden Green, Calypso Coral
  • Ink:  Garden Green, Calypso Coral
  • Acc:  Square Lattice EF, Nestie, White Grosgrain, Pearls, Corduroy Button, Dimensionals, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch

151_5393-1

151_5391

16 comments:

Kim S said...

Beautiful use of the colors...that limited amount of cameo/calypso on top of the rich blues and greens makes a beautiful color even richer. And I like the white space...it frames your sentiment amongst all the color!

Denise Marzec said...

VERY pretty!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Sympathy card - love the added embossing!

Martha said...

LeAnne,

I am so impressed with this card! Most card makers are afraid of "negative space" and want to fill up every inch with something. For me that style is too busy and chaotic. It confuses the eye. I much prefer this card. The colors are gorgeous and you have used such wonderful texture techniques (crimper tool which I think you used on the blue, and the lattice!) You have assembled this card perfectly with that button to the left catching the eye first, and then the eye follows over to the sentiment surrounded by the blue and your gorgeous frame, and the white. That is how we are supposed to "read...left to right, and our cards should follow that principle too. It gets us ready to open to see what wonders the inside holds. I love this!

Blessings, Martha

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful work and great texture, thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge at CCCB!

Broni said...

Love the bold blasts of color on your card, LeAnne! And I love the lattice texture used with the corduroy button. Great combo! Your little princess is so adorable! Love her toothy grin!!!

Elaine M said...

What a perfect sentiment! Colors are great together. It's really a "refressing" card - does that make sense? I know it will be appreciated by the receiver.
Cassidy - as always - is a delight!

Lavendou said...

Hey your granddaughter has 2 more teeth.

Patricia
Quebec, Quebec, Canada

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love the flowers outside the frame and the great button! Very sweet card!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Hi, LeAnne :) I am loving all of the texture on this card! The addition of the pearls on the corduroy button was a brilliant idea. Gorgeous!

Ros said...

Such a beautiful card ... the green embossed piece looks just like material ... brilliant take on the challenge ... thanks so much for joining us at CCCB

Marlena M. said...

Sorry you have needed sympathy cards...sigh, that is always hard to do. Your card is beautiful and will bring comfort. ;)

Laura Pryor said...

She is just too precious! Love your card LeAnne!

cnelson said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the colors and embossing! Thanks for joining us at CCCB! *darling pics, too!

Unknown said...

Hi LeAnne, Your card is beautiful. But of course your little GD stills the show.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design, LeAnne!